This post was written by David Edelmann, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center Library intern.
As an intern for the SERC (Smithsonian Environmental Research Center) Library, working under SERC librarian, Sue Zwicker, I was tasked with tackling a review of the Library’s Chesapeakiana Collection. The goals of the project were to:
- Create a bibliographic spreadsheet organizing all of the titles,
- Research each individual title for digital copies on the internet,
- Save and organize any accessible digital media found through research,
- Create a publicly accessible database of the catalogue with links to available digital copies,
- Assess items for scanning if they are not already available in digital format