Historic publications of the Smithsonian Institution are being scanned as part of the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL). There are still gaps in the series as the Libraries works with volumes that were difficult to digitize (tightly bound, containing large foldouts, etc.) Missing volumes will be completed as technology permits.
The four largest of these series are currently available only through the BHL web interface. As time permits, they will be integrated into a unified Smithsonian publications site.
• Bulletin – United States National Museum http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/7548
• Smithsonian contributions to knowledge http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/7997
• Smithsonian miscellaneous collections http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/8128
• Proceedings of the United States National Museum http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/7964
An additional publication, long sponsored by the Smithsonian, is also available:
• Atoll Research Bulletin http://www.sil.si.edu/digitalcollections/atollresearchbulletin/index.cfm