Yesterday, November 26, was National Cake Day. Now who thought that was a good idea, so close to Thanksgiving? Why not National Pie Day?
If you're a cake-o-holic, you can actually populate your calendar with a year of cake celebrations (courtesy of Gone-ta-pott):
- National Cake Month – February
- National Chocolate Cake Day – January 27
- National Carrot Cake Day – February 3
- National Poundcake Day – March 4
- National Blackforest Cake Day – March 28
- National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day – March 29
- National Coffee Cake Day – April 7
- National Hazelnut Cake Day – June 1
- National Applesauce Cake Day – June 6
- National German Chocolate Cake Day – June 12
- National Strawberry Shortcake Day – June 14
- National Spongecake Day – August 23
- National Angel Food Cake Day – October 10
- National Cake Day – November 26
- National Fruitcake Day – December 27
- National Sacher Torte Day – December 5
Happy Caking and baking …
Top: Baking Pan catalogue, Specialty Cake Pans.
Bottom: Elegant Desserts, 1955.