The Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL), in its global efforts to digitize biodiversity literature and make it freely available to the world, ensures that this precious knowledge is available to everyone, everywhere. The BHL currently provides access to over 42 million pages and over 87,000 images and is changing the face of research methodology. Scientists around the world are using BHL to identify and classify species, facilitate further scientific research, and support conservation efforts to prevent extinctions.
The BHL’s substantial growth and activity has been supported by our dedicated patrons whose gifts we depend on to fund the digitization of additional literature, technical development for the program, and improvement of data curation. The below examples highlight ways a donation can make a meaningful and lasting impact:
- $25 – Creates Flickr sets of our images which are popular with educators and artists
- $50 – Promotes biodiversity education through social media, such as ourblog
- $100 – Scans 1,000 pages to be made available for free and open access
- $250 – Helps us host marketing interns who circulate biodiversity content worldwide
- $500 – Improves existing methodology and helps develop new tools for biodiversity research
We hope you will consider making a contribution to BHL by visiting our donation page here. Together, we can provide a better future for all biodiversity.