Every recording saved is a story rediscovered.
The Smithsonian Libraries and Archives recently launched the Audiovisual Media Preservation Initiative (AVMPI) to describe, preserve, and provide access to audiovisual collections across the Smithsonian. In this online program, we’ll introduce AVMPI, meet the media experts behind it, and preview some of the video material they’re working on.
- Walter Forsberg, Curator of Recorded Media, Smithsonian Libraries and Archives
- Leigh Gialanella, Digital Archivist, National Museum of American History – Archives Center
- Blake McDowell, Media Archivist and Conservator, National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Kira Sobers, Media Digitization Manager, Smithsonian Libraries and Archives
- Dave Walker, Audiovisual Archivist, Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
We are committed to providing access services so all participants can fully engage in these events. Optional real-time captioning will be provided. If you need other access services, please email SLA-RSVP@si.edu. Advanced notice is appreciated. This program will also be recorded and made available following the event.
Be First to Comment